The primary objective of SAS is to galvanize the international surfing
community to raise funds and awareness for suicide prevention
and promote better mental health and resilience
The objectives of SAS are as follows:
- To engage the international surfing community in suicide
prevention and physical and mental health promotion.
- To raise awareness of the value of mentoring in suicide
- To raise awareness of the prevalence, individual cost and
social cost of suicide in the community.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle amongst young people,
particularly through surfing.
- To provide young people with access to the strategies and
information required to prevent suicide.
- To increase the availability of services for those suffering
from anxiety, depression or considering suicide.
- To increase help seeking behaviour amongst people in need of
support. In particular thru on-line counselling.
- To assist other suicide prevention organisations with
SAS is looking for partners and people to support our cause. If you would like to get involved or contribute, please register your details on our website and we’ll be in touch.
The Ripple Effect
When one person’s mental Health is improved or their suicide prevented, the ripple effect across the community, within their family, thru their peers and down to the next generation, is almost immeasurable.